Making Hands-on Learning Fun – ABC Cards
With the two-sided cards, which mirror the Teacher Text, students connect with the persons, places, or events. The tactile experience of the cards, combined with the activities, reinforces learning for all types of learners.
The seven colour-coded themes integrate with lessons and activities:
|Orange||= Human Rights|
The cards are integrated with the kit’s activities like Black History Olympics and Bingo.
The cards are a quick reference for supplemental and enrichment activities.
Students easily find their own connections and themes!
Two decks of 26 cards come with each Kit AND available separately.
Supplemental Exercise Sheets – Reinforcing and Extending Learning!
Reproducible sheets complement classroom learning and games, check comprehension and enhance vocabulary and literacy skills. The eight sheets in the kit include:
- Level-appropriate vocabulary crossword puzzles.
- Bingo sheet.
- Match-up sheets – locations, jobs, trades, or expertise of characters.
- Racial Discrimination in Canada, thematic crossword.
- Word Search for persons, places, and events found in the 26 ABC lessons.
- Adjectives – An activity for students to express traits of indivduals in the Kit
Timeline Poster – Reinforcing
Graphically situates characters, places and events in context throughout Canada’s history. Thumbnails arrayed demarcating key events in Canada’s exploration, settlement, Confederation, World Wars, and post-Centennial period.
Bring the ABC’s of Black History ONLINE for the MOST Important Black History Month EVER.